The global pandemic has allowed us to go back to our roots and respect what our mother nature has blessed us with – “our mitti”. Eating healthy food and boosting our immune system seems like one of the best ways to handle the crisis. While time is on our side, it would be a good idea to try out clay pot for cooking and discover its many benefits.
The Earth has music for those who listen.Shakespeare
Claypot cooking is our very own ancient cooking method that helps us cook delicious food by blending in the beautiful food flavours together. These vessels may look outdated to some, but they can act as both an oven & stove besides being so beautiful and ornamental on the dining table.
Today, the usage of the clay pot is gaining popularity once again. Not only it has multiple health benefits, but it also provides a sweet aromatic flavor to the cooked dish. One needs to be patient while using earthen pots as the cooking process does take some time. Being porous, the spices of your recipe circulate evenly to every grain of the food making it flavorful in every bite.
Clay pot cooking takes very less oil and maintains the natural oil and moisture of the food. Thus, using clay pot cookware means adding a reservoir of flavours to our food. One of the best dishes prepared in clay pots is claypot biryani. The smoky flavor that it brings along is definitely a bonus.
Mitti ke bartan hamesha sadabahar rahenge didiRenu, Kashika’s earliest employee
The ancient earthenware was always an intrinsic part of the Indian kitchen and is still prevalent today in many regions of the country. Here is a quick guide on why we shouldn’t give up cooking food in the conventional unglazed claypot.
- Porous nature: The porous nature of the claypot cookware allows for homogeneous circulation of moisture and heat. This helps to preserve the aroma and nutrients in the food. Apart from vegetarian curries and rice, these cook pots are incredible for cooking non-vegetarian food. The thermal inertia of the pots (capacity to retain heat) makes claypot chicken very very tender and soft.
- Ideal for milk products: Using these claypots, you will get a better taste and texture of the milk boiled in these vessels. Setting curd in clay pots is an excellent way to make creamy curd for your family.
- Adds nutrients: Earthen pots can add all the essential nutrients, like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and sulphur to the food. Besides these properties, clay is also alkaline and can neutralize the pH balance in the cooked dishes. Most importantly, they do not leach harmful chemicals into food like their enamel laced metallic counterparts.
- Cuts down on the extra oil: Clay pot cooking can help you cut down the excess oil consumption with its slow cooking process. This cookware is also capable of maintaining the natural oil of the food making your food much tastier. Amateur cooks will find it easy to cook in these as food doesn’t get burnt quickly.
- Economical: This traditional cookware is available at an affordable price. You can switch to clay pot cooking without making a hole in your pocket.
- Artistic: The earthen pots look alluring as they are all hand-made and uniquely designed.
- Adds an aromatic flavor: The savor and flavorful aroma that you will experience with these pots is ethereal.
- Eco-friendly: Compared to materials like metal, ceramic or Teflon, unglazed earthen pots disintegrate rather easily and are completely bio-degradable.
How to use clay pots
Make sure you consider the following two factors before you start cooking with this earthen cookware.
- First, be gentle with the flame. Please do not suddenly give it a high flame as it may crack the claypots.
- Second, as this cookware is heat resistant, they can retain the natural moisture in the food to make the food healthier. So, please do not add extra oil else it will block the natural moisture.
In the winter, you can keep your food in the claypot cookware to keep the food warm for the longest time. On the other hand, in summers you can store water in “clay matkas” to keep it cool and fresh.
How to clean clay pot cookware
Claypots are porous. Therefore, cleaning the cookware with using the dishwasher or the liquid soap will be a big no! As any unwanted particle of the detergent may stay behind in the pot and cause harmful effect on the food.
To clean the claypot cookware, all you need is to pour lukewarm water in it and rub with a small brush gently. For tough stains, you can apply a little salt or baking soda (you may also leave it overnight) and continue cleaning with the brush.
Debré accorde des enseignants ligne et les membres. Même n’est hommes facile parler de choses. Thé france dans pharmacie, livraison gratuite et rapide de votre. cialispascherfr24.com Tout composant médicament devraient pas être utilisés chez patients les plus risque de développer une pression.